Reservation HOA President Darrell Day called the recent Annual Meeting to order and gave a state of the HOA address, which included the highlights from the past year such as:
• Grew membership in the HOA by about 25%, and have doubled membership in the past two years.
• Began the highly popular Reservation Connection program, with nearly 150 people participating in various neighborhood events.
• Implemented Phase 1 of the sign topper program and beginning Phase 2. Look for additional sign toppers soon!
• Increased the number of block captains.
• Held the first Reservation Candidate Forum for candidates for the Richardson City Council race.
• Reservation HOA had great participation in events such as the neighborhood garage sale, pool party, 4th of July parade and picnic, and the first Big Band Block Party.
• Updated and improved our website.
• Initiated contacts with the City of Richardson about upcoming capital improvement needs within the Reservation.
We also welcomed the Richardson Police Chief, Jim Spivey, who spoke about the Neighborhood Police Officer Program and the desire for us to create a neighborhood Crime Watch Patrol. Several volunteers stepped forward to begin the process of creating the Patrol.
We recognized several volunteers for their work in making our neighborhood a better place to live. Mick Nolen – 2008 President, Dennis Guten – for redesigning our HOA website, and Amber McCreery – for her tireless efforts in
starting the Reservation Connection program.
The HOA also approved two amendments to its bylaws – one declaring Jan. 1 as the starting date for new
officers, and another to establish the Reservation Connection as a standing committee of the Association.
And finally, we held the election of the 2010 RHOA officers. The officers for 2010 are as follows:
• President – Darrell Day
• Vice President – Sean Weigler
• Treasurer – Brandi Kessels
• Secretary – Amber McCreery
As a reminder, the membership drive for 2010 will begin in January. Dues will remain $20 for the year, a small price to pay to invest in our neighborhood. As always, additional donations are always appreciated.